Eat with Integrity

Eat consciously - Don't eat an accident * Create more and better food choices

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


In the spirit of one of my favorite lifestyle blogs, here are some things I love:

Man, I thought I was hardcore, making my own yogurt. That is NOTHING compared to growing, harvesting, threshing, winnowing, and grinding your own wheat flour! I don't even know what winnowing is much less how to do it...

Did you know that not all the chemicals in a product have to be listed? If something is a byproduct, then the chemical is a 'contaminant,' not an ingredient.

To anyone who questions that genetically modified foods should be questioned, biologist Arpad Psuztai tells you that you are wrong.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE this line from my favorite blogger with attitude: 'billions of people continue to eat death on a daily basis, pretending that it is food.'

Some more things that made me happy this past week:
making burn-the-back-of-your-throat kombucha with chile-soaked water,
finding out that we are all connected through less than 6 degrees at a secret supper party,
meeting an old-school butcher and hearing fascinating stories of...well, butchering (what can I say? I am a rebellious vegetarian),
strangers eavesdropping on my dinner conversations and revealing themselves, and
cooking a 3-course dinner for 6...and being so happy at the deliciousness that I forget to document anything for my blog.

Photo by Darwin Bell

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home