Eat with Integrity

Eat consciously - Don't eat an accident * Create more and better food choices

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Vegan Truffles!


Inspired by the vegan truffles I used to order from Lagusta in NY, I made some vegan truffles of my own!

Coconut milk infused with earl gray tea, dark chocolate, and carob powder = pure deliciousness!

Usually, for cream-based truffles, after blending the cream and chocolate together, one puts the mixture called "ganache" in the fridge. I did that with the coconut ganache, but it became too solid in the fridge. So the next time I make this, I will try rolling the balls as soon as the ganache cools.

Also, the truffles taste really coconut-ty but not at all earl grey-ish...back to the recipe board!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home