Eat with Integrity

Eat consciously - Don't eat an accident * Create more and better food choices

Monday, February 16, 2009

Vegan Cashew-based Truffles



Yesterday I made vegan truffles with chocolate and cashew 'milk' from this recipe. To make cashew milk, blend equal amounts cashew and water. To that I added 1.5x of melted chocolate.

After letting the ganache sit in the fridge for two hours, I started pushing them into little balls. I rolled most of them in cocoa, but some in chili + salt, fresh basil, and fresh rosemary. You can see in the photograph above a lone rosemary-covered truffle sitting in the middle.

After making about 50 truffles, I put them in the fridge to set.

Everyone loves chocolates, including my guests. My guests claimed eating the rosemary-covered truffles was like 'eating grass...but good-tasting grass'.



Above is a close-up on my basil-covered truffles. The basil didn't taste so much like basil, which makes me wonder if I should repeat it with dried basil or else infuse the chocolate with basil oil in the ganache itself.

As for the taste, it was delicious! I worried that the truffles would be a bit grainy because I didn't blend the cashews completely smoothly, but it was perfect. If anything, the truffles were a bit soft. I would love for them to have a bit more structure.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home